All the information down below is verified by a certified doctor
In this post, we told you how IVF works. This information has been prepared by certified doctors. Here we have not shared any wrong information with you. Whatever you have been told in this post. They are 100% correct and verified.
For more information, you should read our post and comment and give your opinion. IVF process is said to be a step from start to finish.
However, if you do not understand anything, contact the doctor. (Dr.) Kaushiki Dwivedi IVF Specialist
What is IVF?
In-Vitro-Fertilization, commonly known as IVF, is a “not so talked about” mysterious IVF process for infertility to produce tube babies. The IVF process involves fertilization of an egg in combination with a sperm outside the body.
In Vitro is a procedure performed in a test tube or elsewhere outside of a living human being. In this process, the egg/eggs known as the ova/ovum are removed from a woman’s ovaries and fertilized outside with the help of sperm in a liquid.
Once the eggs (zygote) fertilizes, they are re-implanted in the same woman’s or another woman’s uterus. This process is undertaken to establish a successful pregnancy.
Process of IVF
IVF is the most successful type of assisted reproductive technology. IVF process timeline uses a combination of medicines, IVF injections and surgical procedures to fertilize the egg by combining it with healthy sperm.
The IVF process starts to finish starts with taking fertility medications to help the ovaries in the production of several eggs. This is done to ensure that there are enough mature and healthy eggs that can be fertilized.
This process is called ovarian induction or stimulation. During this IVF step by step process, blood tests and ultrasound tests are recommended to measure hormonal levels and monitor the egg production.
How IVF work
Once the ovaries produce enough healthy eggs, the eggs are then removed from the ovaries, this process is known as egg retrieval. After this, the eggs are sent to a lab where they are combined with sperm in a liquid for fertilization.
This process is known as insemination. Those fertilized eggs become embryos as they fertilize. After 3-5 days of egg retrieval, the embryo is placed in the uterus. This is known as embryo transfer. After resting for a day, the patient can resume normal activities.
IVF injection shots of progesterone may also be recommended to make it easier for the embryo to survive. IVF is the most successful type of assisted reproductive technology. It uses a combination of medicines and surgical procedures to fertilize the egg by combining it with healthy sperm.
How Can IVF Help
- The process of IVF is used to fertilize an egg outside of a woman’s body. This is done when the eggs in the body of a woman are incapable of fertilizing on their own due to various reasons. A few reasons may be.
- Sperm Issue: If the male partner has low sperm count or motility, it is difficult for the sperm to reach the egg and fertilize it.
- Blocked Fallopian Tube: If one or both Fallopian tubes of a woman’s body are blocked, the sperm can’t reach the ovaries to fertilize the egg.
- Endometriosis: This is a condition in which the uterine tissues grow outside of a uterus for a variety of reasons ultimately affecting fertility.
- Ovulation Problems: Problems in ovulation can make it difficult for a woman to get pregnant.
- Egg Quality: Sometimes, the quality of the egg is not good enough for it to fertilize; in that case, donor eggs can be of help.
Side Effects Of IVF Injection
- Head Swings
- Mild Abdominal Bloating
- Mild Abdominal Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Mood Swings