Food To Eat During IVF Treatment:
The chances of having a successful IVF are very low as it depends on many factors, some of which can be controlled and some can’t be controlled. The factors which can be controlled are thus very important and need to be regulated from time to time if one needs to go through the entire treatment successfully, and the factor which is very important among these is the diet. The type of foods that the person undergoing IVF undergoes is very essential for maintaining the health of the mother and thus, the baby itself. It is important for the person undergoing IVF to maintain an IVF diet which could improve the egg and the sperm, resulting in an increased success rate of the treatment. There are many essential nutrients that you need to provide your body with when going through the treatment and in this article, we have provided the list of foods to eat during IVF stimming.
The diet which we advise you to adopt for an increased benefit during the treatment duration and the pregnancy is the Mediterranean diet and in this article, we have listed all the essential food items which could boost your fertility success. Here are the type of foods you should eat during IVF treatment.
- Healthy fat is the way to go: The health of the egg involved in the fertilization process is important to be maintained and this is possible when your IVF diet involves food items with healthy fats such as avocado, nuts, seeds, and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Proteins which are lean: Proteins are always essential for our body. However, while undergoing the treatment of IVF, lean protein should be added to your diet. IVF protein dinners should include food items such as fish and poultry, especially fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids, as it is essential for the health of the egg.
- Iron is important: Iron is an essential component of our hemoglobin and very essential for women as women tend to lose a lot of blood during the menstrual cycle. Thus, food items rich in iron such as spinach, eggs, meat, legumes, etc. is important for the egg to be healthy.
- Dairy products which are low-fat: While healthy fat is important for the success rate, dairy products which are low on fat are also equally important as too much fat is not good for the health of the womb. Good fat needs to be consumed but bad fat needs to be prevented at any cost.
- Suppress the salts: Salt is said to add flavor to any food prepared and thus considered to be an important component of everyday diet. Nevertheless, too much salt can lead to increased pressure in the blood, which in turn can hinder the progress of the treatment of IVF. Thus, it is important to replace salt with herbs or spices instead.
- Anti-oxidants are good for the womb: Along with iron and healthy fats, anti-oxidants are also vital in sustaining the health of the egg and thus enrich the chances of effective IVF. Green leafy vegetables such as spinach, lettuce, kale, etc. are known to be very good anti-oxidants along with an increased content of folic acid, known to be imperative for the egg.
- Zinc: It is important to maintain the respective hormonal balance while undergoing particular fertility treatment. It is known that the majority of hormones contain zinc as a significant component. There are many food contents that contain zinc in the required quantity, such as, potatoes, grains, nuts, etc.
- Avoid highly processed food: Highly processed food items might sound very nutritious, however, while processing the particular food might rip the item of essential nutrient which might lead to a deficiency of the particular component. It is thus advisable that you consume fresh fruits, vegetables, and other food products that are not processed.
- Fruits and vegetables: As much as we try to avoid it, fresh fruits are vegetables are very important for our body and thus, a part of fertility-enhancing foods.
Thus, the nutritional guidelines are written above when followed and adopted in your daily diet would help you move closer towards the success of the IVF treatment and thus towards the success of a happy family that you deserve.